Wednesday, October 21, 2009

5% - DONE

Weight in today lost 1.3kg!!!! so happy - brings my total to 7.1kg which is exactly 5% of my body weight. Feeling really good and feeling like I am really gaining more and more control over food as each day passes - instead of the food controlling me.

I have had more success over the last 7 weeks than I have had over the past 8 years! I think I have finally got it…..A great friend today said to me “keep your eye on the prize” and that is exactly what I am going to do.

On the weekend I took my mother out for lunch for her birthday for Chinese dim sum - which I really love - I decided before I got their that I was going to stick with sushi, steam type dishes (prawn dumpling - yum), my favourite lotus leaf (stuffed with mushroom rice) and a steam pork bun . I decided that I was going to eat slowly and enjoy every taste and stop once I was starting to feel full (not once I was full as that is too late) – this is exactly what I did and it paid off. The biggest achievement was that I walked away feeling satisfied and in control. My daughter even commented that I did not eat as much as I normally do!! (bit sad really..).

1 comment:

  1. You're doing so well Jody, I'm proud of you! Isnt it nice to know we are finally doing the right thing and actaully getting results :)
    Keep going, we can do this xo
    Bec

    ReplyDelete