Monday, September 6, 2010

WI Week 52

Running a bit late with posting the results from last week – not good new unfortunately – I had a gain of 1kg! Bring my total back to 31.9 – I am just hovering under 110kg mark!!

Despite the gain I did do what I said I was going to do from the previous week and that was to put some balance back into my life…..I stopped working the ridiculous long hours and focus my evening more on myself – like doing some exercise, tracking and just doing some personal stuff that I have been neglecting – the main problem was I went from working around the clock to nothing so I was a bit lost at first… The other problem was even though I was turning off the computer at 10:30pm I was still not going to bed or more to the point asleep before midnight – my focus for this week was to wind down earlier so that I can be asleep by 10:30ish…

I did the Perth City to Surf 12km walk the other Sunday. There were 40,000 people participating this year and the weather was fantastic – could not have asked for a better day. I did well in the walk – I got to about the 9km mark and then started to struggle a bit – we stopped for a loo break which was more of an excuse to just stop for a couple of minutes…. I made it all the way and I was pleased that my knees and feet where feeling really good – hardly any pain at all – we then had to walk about another 3km for our lift home! At one point these two ladies past us – I overheard the young girl say “Nan I am 27years old of course I can go faster than you”….. I looked at “Nan” who I reckon was about 60 who was well and truly overtaking me…at that I felt like I was 70 years old…. On a positive front I did not participate last year as I knew there was no way I could have walked even half way without collapsing…maybe in next couple of years I will be doing the 12km run!!!

Only 3 months left until I turn 40 – I still have 10kg to lose until I reach my goal – best I get moving….

No comments:

Post a Comment