Thursday, December 15, 2011

WI Week 16

Lost 700g this week brings my total to 30kg exactly - very happy to be back at the 30kg mark.

I have finally come to the conclusion that getting this weight off is going to take sometime - I know this sounds odds but for some reason after I had my 3rd baby I had this idea that whilst I am off work for 6mths that I would just exercise like crazy and loose heaps of weight really quickly (biggest loser style!). The reality is being at home with 3 children (15, 3 and 4mths) takes a lot of my time especially a new baby. Most days I can get 1 hour of exercise in but that is generally it...some days it can take me 1.5hrs to do 1hr!

I am doing well food wise and feeling a lot calmer about food - I am not obsessing about it like I use to...

Craig Harper wrote a great article on "The Instant Gratification" - this was me for years...
"Then there’s the woman who has wanted to lose weight for years. And years. She constantly sabotages her weight-loss endeavours with her need for some instant taste-bud pleasure. Hour after hour. Day after day. Despite the fact that she hates how she looks and feels, her need for instant caloric gratification keeps her trapped on the slippery slope of over-eating, self-loathing and depression. Eating gives her instant (albeit fleeting) pleasure but not eating doesn’t give her instant weight-loss, so eating it will be."

For most part I no longer look for the instant gratification and I have finally got that eating for the moment does not help me later - like I said for the most part...I am not 100% there yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment